Beaver Job Net:
Orange Circle Sponsorship Program:
One of Oregon State’s greatest strengths is the breadth of opportunities offered across its 11 academic colleges, the University Honors College and graduate school — as well as a supportive, collaborative environment that encourages inquiry, discovery and creativity.
* To learn more about each major, click on the links in the table above.
Yes. There are over 300 student clubs and organizations at OSU and you search for an organization through a database system coordinated through Student Leadership & Involvement.
- Doug Cochran, Director, 541-737-0521
- Lindsey Reed, Employer Relations Manager, 541-737-3654
- Cheryl Herring, Employer Services Coordinator, 541-737-0523
- Mike Mays, Student Employment Coordinator, 541-737-0520
We have over 300 student clubs and organizations here on campus. This is a great way to increase your company visibility to a specific group of students. You can view a list of all student led organizations on campus. You may also wish to connect with Intercultural Student Services, the office responsible for the Cultural Centers at Oregon State University. You may also reach out directly to our cultural centers, Pride Center, and Women's Center on campus to connect with specific students:
- Asian & Pacific Cultural Center (APCC)
- Lonnie B. Harris Black Cultural Center (BCC)
- Centro Cultural César Chávez (CCCC)
- Native American Longhouse (NAL)
- Pride Center (SOL)
- Women's Center
You can manage your entire on-campus recruiting efforts online! You can set up your schedule, post the positions you’re interviewing for, go through candidate pre selection, and notification and print your final schedules. To request on-campus interviews, please do the following:
- Request your on-campus interview schedule through Beaver JobNet by clicking on the "On-campus Recruiting (OCR)" tab. Requests are reviewed for space availability within two business days. You will receive e-mail confirmation when your schedule is approved. Log in and attach one or more positions to your schedule. Students cannot submit resumes without a position attached. Students may submit resumes through the deadline. You can review submitted resumes whenever you choose by logging in.
- Review resumes and change students' status from Pending to Invited (or Alternate) and Not Invited. This triggers Beaver JobNet to send an e-mail message to invited students requesting they sign up for a time slot on a first-come, first-served basis.
OSU Career Services is committed to providing a flexible recruiting process that meets your needs. For successful working strategies and helpful suggestions please visit our website.
To schedule an information session, you will need to request a session through Beaver JobNet. Under “quick links," choose [Request New Information Session].
We also have opportunities for you to become an active part of our student workshops that we hold periodically on campus. Our staff members periodically present workshops on a variety of employment, internship and graduate school topics. This can be a fantastic way to meet students who are interested in your specific field and teach them exactly what you are looking for in future employees. To view our calendar of events and learn how to participate, contact Lindsey Reed, Employer Relations Manager at Lindsey.email@example.com.
For further assistance, contact Career Services and the Employer Relations Team at 541-737-0523 or by email at Cheryl.L.Herring@oregonstate.edu.
When you check into Career Services, the receptionist will greet you and direct you to your interview room. Please notify the students you plan to interview to come to the Kerr Administration Building for their interview (unless you’re meeting at an alternate location on campus); we are located in the basement.
Beaver Job Net:
Go to the Beaver JobNet login page and click on the “Forgot Password” tab. You will be asked to enter your email address, so a new password can then be emailed to you.
We use our online career management system, Beaver JobNet as our central site to post jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities for our students and alumni. Students and alumni also post their resumes to the site for employers to search. This is FREE for employers and helps employers successfully connect with OSU students and alumni.
- If you are registering for the first time: Please visit the Beaver JobNet website and click on “Employer Login,” select “Register and post a job at OSU” and follow the easy steps to post a new job. You will receive a confirmation e-mail. If you have any questions regarding this process please contact us at 541-737-0520 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everything you want the applicant to know, such as who you are and why they should join your organization, what the job duties are and your expectations of them as an employee, and how you want them to apply. Keep in mind students typically want to know the salary and location of the position you’re offering.
If you’re new to the system and need help posting a position, we’re certainly here to help and we are happy to provide instructions on how to post a position. However, due to the large number of positions frequently posted on Beaver JobNet and to ensure accuracy, we ask that you please post the job directly onto Beaver JobNet. We appreciate your understanding and for allowing us to invest more time in our students.
Yes. There is a small fee payable to Symplicity Corporation but you can post positions to multiple schools at one time. Login to Beaver JobNet for more information:
- Go to Beaver JobNet and select the option that says “Register and post Job at Multiple Schools (Fee based NACElink)” and follow the on screen prompts.
Yes. When posting the opportunity you can select “yes” to “Restrict Applications.” This will restrict applications for this position to only those students who meet the screening criteria you set such as minimum GPA, class level, etc.
HOWEVER, please think of Beaver JobNet job posting designations as limiting rather than inclusive. For instance, if you choose only “Bachelors” from the list of degree levels, ONLY students pursuing a Bachelors degree can apply to your schedule. This does NOT include Masters or Doctoral candidates who have Bachelor’s degrees as well, but have marked themselves in our system as a Masters or Doctoral candidate. In the same vein, we highly encourage that you select both “Alumnus” and “Current Students” under Class Level so as not to limit your candidate pool. Set a graduation end date if you need someone to fill the position by a certain date, but do not set a graduation start date, so that alumni may also apply. We recommend you are as inclusive as possible when setting your job posting parameters so that you do not severely limit your candidate pool. You may always choose not to invite a candidate to interview who does not have attractive qualifications. Severe restrictions may prevent a candidate with excellent qualifications from applying however.
The post-baccalaureate degree is for students who have earned their bachelor's degree and wish to pursue an additional undergraduate degree, minor or certificate. Yes, you should strongly consider including them as eligible candidates on your job posting.
Yes. There’s a question that asks if you want the student to include any additional documents. The student will then be able to upload the required documents you have requested.
Yes. There are a few exceptions to the equal opportunity regulations in order to maintain compliance with restrictions. Please contact us with any specific questions at: 541-737-3654
This is not a requirement; however, it is strongly suggested that you follow up with students to thank them for applying. You never know when you might need to recruit that student for another position in the future, and this simple touch will go a long way to show student’s you value their time.
You control the posting dates from within your Beaver JobNet account. There is no minimum posting time (except for OSU units or Federal Work Study on or off campus employers who have a minimum 3 business day posting requirement). To manage your posting dates, long in to your account, go to your job postings and select the one you want to edit, then change the posting end date that you set when you submitted the job. Set if for the yesterday, so it will end immediately.
You will gain visibility and get to know OSU students and the Corvallis campus "up close and personal" by attending a career fair at OSU! Employers who participate regularly comment on the high caliber of OSU students as well as the quality of these events. OSU Career Services sponsors three annual career fairs. These events are not only a great way to brand your company, but they are also a great way to meet hundreds of motivated and talented students in one day! Here is what employers had to say about OSU Career Fairs:
“It is our most valuable recruitment tool at OSU.”
“The Career Fair is extremely well organized; a great number of students are coming because of the large number and diversity of employers represented.”
“The event was well-organized and the OSU staff was very helpful and professional. We received many qualified candidates, and hired several as a result.”
Both days of our fairs are open for all students and alumni of Oregon State University, regardless of their major. We recognize that all industries need various majors represented in their organization; for example, all organizations need to perform accounting functions, and many need personnel for advertising or writing manuals, etc. While the first day is billed as all majors, and the second day is billed as Engineering, all majors are welcomed and encouraged to visit with employers of all professions and to discuss how their education and experience might fit within your organization.
Please visit the Career Fairs section of our website.
Orange Circle Sponsorship Program:
The Orange Circle Sponsorship Program is an excellent way to increase your company’s visibility here on campus. It’s a mutually beneficial and strategic relationship between your company and the OSU career services center. This means we create a partnership designed to create exposure and build campus visibility for your company. Other advantages to being an Orange Circle Sponsor include the following:
- Students become familiar with your company and trust your brand, including exposure to your company even when you’re not on campus through branding
- Your participation will give your organization a premier position to on-campus recruiting with advance priority invitations
- Guaranteed admittance to any two of our Career Fairs with high visibility, priority booth locations
- Targeted marketing efforts including:
- Targeted E-mails to students/alumni/faculty
- Annual Blog post featuring your company
- Your company logo with a link to your website on our career services page
- Complimentary spotlight on our social media sites such as Facebook
- Your logo prominently featured on student computers in career services
- One free information session per year at the Career Services Center on campus
- Invitations to participate in special guest speaker events, panels and workshops
- Invitations to attend exclusive on-campus events
- A dedicated alliance coordinator for personal contact at OSU
- Advance notification of recruiting activities, including when we first publish the recruiting calendar
- Ongoing consultations with the Career Services Director and Employer Relations staff
If you have any other questions or need something clarified, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-737-4085.