- Emergencies: 7-7000 or 541-737-7000
- Non-Emergencies: 7-3010 or 541-737-3010
Bomb Threats Check List
- Keep caller on the phone as long as possible.
- Get detailed information from the caller, use the attached fillable PDF checklist.
- Look at the telephone display, if equipped, record the telephone number, name, etc. that appears on the phone display.
- Call the Oregon State University Department of Public Safety Dispatch at 7-7000 or 541-737-7000. Give your name, location and telephone number. Inform dispatcher of the situation, including any information you may have as to the location of the bomb, time it is set to detonate and the time when you received the call. Do not hang up until the dispatcher releases you from the conversation.
- Inform your Supervisor/Department Head or Building Manager, indicate that DPS Dispatch has been contacted.
- If you spot a suspicious object, package, etc., report it to DPS immediately. Don' touch, tamper or attempt to move the item in any fashion.
- If instructed to evacuate, move to a safe distance away from the building. Don't re-enter the building until instructed it's safe to do so by authorized personnel.
Bomb Threat Work Sheet
Please use this fillable PDF to gather as much information as possible about the bomb threat in question.