Phone & Email Support
541-737-3474 • Email • available Mon-Fri
The OSU Computer Helpdesk provides "quick help" computer support to OSU faculty, staff, and students. Our student consultants are your first point of contact for computer, mobile device and software problems and questions. If we can't resolve an issue, we can direct you to the correct support group.
In-Person Support for Students: the OSU Computer Walk-Up Helpdesk
Valley Library, Main Floor • available Mon-Fri & Sun
The OSU Computer Walk-Up Helpdesk provides students with quick in-person help with your software, laptop, and mobile device issues. The Helpdesk staff are also able to do non-invasive computer troubleshooting and minor hardware replacement (hard drives, memory, and optical srives). This service is free to every student that attends Oregon State University.
In-Person Support for Faculty & Staff, Personal Devices Only
541-737-3474 for an appointment
We help faculty and staff with their personal laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. To make an appointment for in-person support at the Valley Library, please call us at 541-737-3474. Note: we cannot assist faculty with any OSU-owned devices. Support for these devices must be provided by your IT support contact (DCA)
Free Antivirus Software & Online Security
Stay safer online by taking the following steps:
- Download Symantec Antivirus. It's free for all members of the OSU community, even for the computers you use at home.
- Use the encrypted OSU_Secure network when you use OSU's wireless network. And don't just use it when you're checking your bank account; a determined hacker can even take over your Facebook account if you're using an unencrypted or open connection.
- Don't be lured by phishing schemes to give out your passwords, credit card or Social Security numbers, or other personal information. And remember, the OSU Computer Helpdesk will NEVER ask you for your password.
- Read and understand the OSU Acceptable Use policy. It provides the "rules of the road" for using the OSU network.
- Visit Be Aware to learn how to protect yourself from social engineering schemes, malware, bullies, and even organized crime syndicates.
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Facebook
OSU Computer HelpdeskPromote Your Page Too
Help Yourself to Helpdocs
Need basic connection settings for OSU systems? Looking for FAQs, guides, tutorials, and other online help? Feel free to visit Helpdocs. It's full of information and tools that can make your life easier.
Accounts & Technologies Guides
Information Services has developed two Accounts & Technologies Guides. One is oriented toward new students, the other for new faculty and staff. Here, you'll learn about OSU accounts, settings you can use for your mobile phone, help and consulting resources, classroom technologies, and more.
What We Support
- Online services
- OSU's wireless networks
- Network security
- Virus/spyware removal
- Personal laptop support
- Basic application use
View all supported items